January 8, 2010

Community Classes

I decided that I needed to get out more in 2010 and what better way to do that than to take some classes in the community. I looked through the adult ed classes offered through some of the nearby schools as well as activities offered through the City and County of Honolulu Parks and Recreations and decided on ukulele lessons.

I'm borrowing my sister-in-law's ukulele for the classes. I cannot believe she gave me her Kamaka! I don't think it'll help improve my playing though LOL I have also shanghaied my friend Elle into coming along with me so this should be pretty fun. There may be up to 20 students in the class, but I hope it's smaller. We need to register tomorrow for the class.

I am also considering a self-defense class for women. I figure it might come in handy one day, right? You never know what kind of creep is lurking in the shadows. I'm not sure what they'll teach in this class though so I plan to ask about it when we register for the ukulele class.

Since I may be doing these two classes I decided to cut back on my hours at JCCH. I'll need the time to practice the ukulele, watch movies and update my movie blog and try to update this blog.

0 comments: