October 14, 2010

Moving to Kapolei

I have been busy the past few weeks prepping my move out to Kapolei. After more than three years of living on my own just minutes from work, I'm trading it in for the sake of saving some money. I'll be living with my brother and his family rent free until I leave for my world traveling adventures in 2011.

My stuff is half packed and my couch and computer desk are gone courtesy of Craigslist. I've made several trips to some non-profits in the area who will be benefiting from linens, towels, dishes and other kitchenware.

Moving does have its perks as I am forced to really minimize all my worldly possessions to fit into one room. Surprisingly, it hasn't been as tough as I thought. I guess I'm not that attached to things. Still, I do have a lot of junk that I need to wade through and decide if they stay or go.

Maybe living out of a backpack for a year won't be as difficult as I thought?

0 comments: