July 17, 2008

Saving the World One Grain at a Time

I discovered this cool website that rewards your brainpower by feeding the world's hungry. Free Rice is part trivia, part non-profit (although they say they're not technically registered).

The idea behind the site is that you're given a multiple choice vocab lesson. When you select the right definition, you earn 20 grains of rice. The more correct answers you submit, the more rice you can earn. Money to purchase the rice is generated from the site's banner ads. The rice is then donated to the UN World Food Program. Pretty awesome don't you think?

While I may not be trading in my car for a bike, going completely organic or even recycling as regularly as I should, at least I'm doing my part to save the world (and getting smarter in the process). What are you doing?

Help end world hunger

0 comments: