February 27, 2010

Tsunami Coming

It's 15 till 7 a.m. and I've been up for about a half hour. There's a tsunami headed for Hawaii around mid-morning due to an earthquake in Chile. My brother called and told me. I didn't hear any warning sirens, although he said it went off around 6 a.m.

As usual, dumb people are calling KSSK to ask for advice about whether or not to attend certain events. Dude, just make a decision on your own instead of tying up the lines for people with real information (ie. traffic accidents, gas stations tha ran out of gas, or whatever).

I'm supposed to volunteer at JCCH today but I emailed them to cancel. My library books are also due today so I wonder how that'll work. I don't plan on driving there to return them all. At work we have a disaster plan in place, yet I haven't received any calls at this point. If they expect me to come in, they're crazy.

Other than that, I guess it's a sit and wait situation. I'm not in the evac zone, and considering that my family is out in Kapolei and Ewa Beach, it's probably not a good idea that I drive all the way over there. They might be in lower ground than I am, and I do have all these buildings blocking me from the ocean.

0 comments: