July 18, 2010

New Zealand Working Holiday Visa Submitted

I did it. I submitted my online application for the New Zealand working holiday visa (WHV) today. Since they're a day ahead, it's officially July 19th instead of July 18th.

The application questions themselves weren't too hard to fill out. There were a lot of yes/no questions, and you had to fill in your identifying information. I'm not sure if it's this easy for all countries though and can only vouch for U.S. applicants.

The NZ immigration website is kind of confusing though. First, you need to register a username and password, which is fairly easy. Next, you need to log in, which again is very straightforward. However, once inside their system actually finding the link to apply for the WHV was another story. I had to click a bunch of things before I stumbled upon it. There wasn't a link that said "Apply Here" or something obvious like that.

Other than that, things were easy peasy. I've heard that approval can come as quickly as a few days. I think the site said a few weeks. We'll see how it goes.

0 comments: