July 25, 2010

Movie Overload: Predators and Inception

This weekend I had a great time at the movies. On Saturday night, I saw Predators, starring Adrien Brody. The movie had its flaws but was a fun time overall. I thought casting Brody as the lead in an action flick was pretty ballsy. The last movie I saw him in was The Brothers Bloom, and this is such a departure from that role. He doesn't seem the guns blazing, leading man type, but he's mostly changed my mind after Predators.

Tonight I watched Leonardo DiCaprio work his magic in Inception. This movie is like whoa. It's deeper than deep and is one that you'll need to see more than once to fully understand it. I like how it takes you to a different world and opens your mind up to all the possibilities. It plays with reality and fantasy in a way that is similar to The Matrix.

I'm hoping to watch Despicable Me tomorrow night with some co-workers. I hear good things about it, however, it's not Pixar. Still, the trailer looks funny and I hear the 3D is pretty awesome. We'll see how it goes.

0 comments: