August 1, 2010

Movie Theater Etiquette

I went to see the 2:00 p.m. show of Salt with my sister today at Ward Theatre and had one of the most annoying experiences. A man sat next to me and proceeded to stake claim on the armrest between us. Let me just say that my sister and I got to the theater about 30 minutes early and were happily sitting there the entire time. This guy shows up 10 minutes before it starts, plops down the armrest on his far side and then monopolizes both. The bastard! I felt like elbowing him in the head on "accident" just to get him to move. That is such bad movie theater etiquette!

This leads me to my top five list of most hated movie theater behaviors. Let me know if you agree or disagree.

1. The wailing baby and the stubborn parent who refuses to take the brat out of the room - I mean seriously, if I wanted to hear a crying kid I'd have one of my own. Yes, I understand that you paid to see this movie just like I did, but no one told you to bring the baby.

2. The pre-teen/teenaged crowd who constantly text throughout the film, especially if they're seated in front of me - The phones these days with their fancy touch screens are as bright as the North Star. They should be banned from the theaters because they simply ruin the atmosphere. The only light allowed in the room should be the three-story high movie screen.

3. The egomaniacs who think they're too important to turn their phones off - Unless you're waiting to hear the test results for the cure to cancer, are the phone-a-friend on Who Wants to be a Millionaire or a suicide bomber, you do not need to have your phone on.

4. The obnoxious chair kickers - You know who you are! Don't even tell me you have restless leg syndrome.

5. The loud mouths without a clue - Stop asking questions throughout the film. It's annoying to those around you, including the people you came with. No, that isn't the same person. Yes, the main character just changed his clothes. It's a bomb. She's undercover. They're the crooks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's my beef when it comes to theater etiquette: Since we usually go to matinees for the senior price, the theater is always empty. all of a sudden you have these idiots who come and sit right in front of you!!!! Hello, there are 200 other seats available. These are not one of those mall half theaters, these are the good old fashioned big theaters and yet you wonder what these jerks are thinking. AS

skycastles said...

That is just completely annoying!

Meyer Becker said...

Health wise, I feel like a child dancing in the rain ever since I got cured of hepatitis. I was diagnosed of HEPATITIS B and I was told it has no cure at the hospital, but I was given several antiviral medications to slow the virus’s ability to damage liver. But after sometime the medicine wasn't working and I became very sick with different symptoms like: vomiting, fatigue, dark urine, swollen stomach and so on. I went back to the hospital and I was told it has become chronic with liver problem, and out of frustration I went online to search for something new to try, and I came across Dr. IYABIYE's recommendation, I gave it a try hence it's a herbal medicine. And behold, I was cured after the treatment. I have to wait for months then went back to the hospital and still I was tested negative. You too will be cured. Contact: (Whatsapp: +2348072229413 or +2348158577300) iyabiyehealinghome@gmail.com