June 2, 2008

What Every Girl Needs

Now Christina Aguilera had "What a Girl Wants," but I got "What Every Girl Needs." In honor of the hit movie Sex and the City, I unveal my . . . wait for it . . . shoe closet.

It's not so much what I have in there, which to be honest, could use a bit of spring cleaning to make room for newer, cuter footwear. But, the point is that it's a special space just for some special things. I'm sure the SATC gals would be proud. Carrie would probably shed a tear.

While the closet doesn't house all my shoes (several make their residence in a drawer at my work), it does make it easier to pick out something to match outfits. When you can see all the styles and colors at once, it makes it that much quicker to get out the door and on your way.

I know many people don't have a whole closet to devote to their shoes (although I really think you should), sometimes you just have to make sacrifices. Or in my case, you need to admit a minor fault and embrace something bigger. For me, I can admit that I don't know how to cook. So, why let an entire pantry go to waste? Instead of stocking up on culinary staples, I've stocked up on shoes. Some people are happiest in their kitchen. Now, so am I.

2 comments:

C75 said...

Are your Manolos on the fourth shelf that you cut off in the pic?

Anonymous said...

Imelda,
This is your Aunty from LA speaking: I just got thru reading all 3 of your blogs. I must say, I've learned more about you from them than from talking to you. LOL
Of course, it doesn't help that we live so far apart.

Hope to catch up on all the family gossip in Nov. See you then, AS