August 3, 2008

Seasons Change but All Remains the Same

I hung out with one of my good friends today and we took a mini trip around the island. It was nice just to chill and talk story about everything and nothing at all. We ended up at Kakaako Waterfront Park watching the surfers.

A bunch of kids from high school came out of the water and were talking about prom, hot girls, tests, which teachers are easy and if they're going to pass or fail the class. It was an interesting social experiment for me to watch these guys (kids?) interact with each other. I remember being their age at some point and remember guys acting that way, but what surprised and amused me in an ironic sort of way is the realization that guys hadn't changed much in the almost ten years I've been outta high school. They pretty much still act like these beach kids. Let me explain.

Re: Taking a certain girl to prom
Guy 1: mumbling about the girl
Guy 2: "What? Hot? Ugly?"

Re: Either another girl from school or a female teacher
Guy 1: "She pretty ah?"
Guy 2: "Un, but ho, she one b*tch uh?"

I guess when a bunch of guys get together there's no real reason to be articulate. Who are they trying to impress anyway right? Better save that for when they're with a girl. Their interactions are more a series of words interspersed with grunts and other caveman-like sounds.

0 comments: