September 25, 2008

Grey's Anatomy Season Opener

Tonight's Grey's Anatomy was a pretty good prologue for this season. It addressed a lot of questions that I'm sure many fans have had lingering in their heads sine last season. The biggest news is that Mer/Der is here to stay, especially now that Rose is out of the picture. I'm one of those who didn't really like the Mer/Der relationship (too many on again, off again bits). I thought Derek and Rose made a great couple, but oh well. Another one bites the dust.

I was also hoping that Alex and Izzie would get back together. I've been waiting a long time for that to happen, probably since Denny died (even though I loved Denny to pieces). However, from the looks of things, it doesn't seem likely that it'll happen this season. Or will it?

Could there also be some kind of side adventure for Cristina? Will she venture outside of her well-formed box to try new things and take risks? Her interaction with Dr. Hunt in this episode seems to hint at it.

Tonight was the first time I noticed that George sorta walks gay. I don't mean that in a bad way, and I know it's totally stereotypical to think that hetero- and homosexual people walk a certain way, but it was so glaringly obvious tonigh. Has he always walked that way or is it only now because the actor is out of the closet?

Poor Lexie, she's in love with George like George was in love with Meredith. Same deal with the roles reversed. Will George notice her as more than just a friend?

And by the way, where are all the other interns? I know that they briefly showed Christina's interns but they're basically a mob of identical people. Where's the individuality?

The most interesting storyline this season seems to be the new lesbian couple, Callie and Erica. I think it's good to explore this on tv. I'm not sure if it's the first time or not, but all's fair in love and war so why not?

This season looks likes it's turning up the heat. Can't wait to see what happens.

0 comments: