September 10, 2008

Say "Money"

I just got back from two and a half hours worth of family time. Normally, this wouldn't be so bad. However, this chunk of my life was spent at the Sears portrait studio doing our first and last ever family portraits.

We were scheduled for a 6:30 p.m. session since that's the time we could all make it out after work. With 12 people all trying to squeeze into the camera lens, it's no wonder we didn't take longer than we did.

I think the photos came out alright - more good ones than bad ones anyway. We'll see when I get my copy of the CD. The only bad thing was that there was only one employee at the studio and she had to serve as photographer, photographer's assistant, cashier, IT support and do it all with a smile on her face. While I give her much props for her fantastic attitude, it was completely stupid of them to schedule only one employee with such a large group coming in.

I really felt sorry for another customer who ended up waiting over an hour for nothing. Since we shut the place down, there was no way she and her baby were going to get their photos taken or even their questions answered. That's completely bad for business.

Also, everyone knows that studios rip you off with their picture packages. Costco is so much more inexpensive. However, we purchased a package anyway like most people. There goes money down the drain.

I did learn that the new "cheese" is "money." I guess cheese isn't cutting it anymore in such slow economic times. The word "money" makes people a lot more happy than "cheese" ever could.

0 comments: