March 14, 2010

2010 Honolulu Festival

Yesterday I was able to check out the 2010 Honolulu Festival at the convetion center. Haven't had time to download the pictures and video that I shot, but I'll try to do that tomorrow.

It was the first time I attended this little cultural sharing event, and I found it interesting. People from all over came to share their customs through song, dance, film and demonstrations. I was totally hoping there'd be tons of food booths. However, I was disappointed in that aspect.

While there, I caught a few performances on the inner and outer stages, cruised through the craft tables and watched the movie Hula Girls. The movie was awesome and my review can be found at Movie Addicts Club. I wanted to stay for the second movie, Departures, but I didn't really have time. I'm still planning to watch it via Netflix though and will definitely post a review.

0 comments: