March 7, 2010

Carry-O-Key Party

I just got home from a work karaoke party celebrating the promotion of my new VP. I sorta had no choice whether or not I could go. You know, it's one of those things. You gotta show face and at least stay for the food.

Surprisingly I ended up staying for the entire shindig . . . and actually sang some songs. It's a miracle that I sang in front of all these strangers (VP's family and friends) and the folks from work, including the executive VP. Pretty much all the work people that came have really great voices. We were joking that having a good singing voice was part of the pre-reqs for upper management.

My boss came to this party too, but my other two co-workers didn't show up. One always has church things to do on Sundays. I'm not sure what the other's excuse will be. My boss, of course, didn't sing any songs. Kinda like a stick in the mud that way. Half the time it looked like he was sleeping (I seriously think his eyes were closed). Why would you come if you don't participate and engage with other people?

Worst of all, my boss even tried to finalize some things for tomorrow's morning event. However, I brushed him off with a shrug because it's not my event and I'm not responsible for how it goes. If he was worried about it, he should address these concerns to my co-worker, who is running this project. Bascially I'm just an extra pair of hands to help out tomorrow. She said she didn't need anything and I'm taking her word for it, even if I feel like all hell will break loose tomorrow.

0 comments: