March 22, 2010

You've Got A Cute . . .

WARNING: Any male readers may want to turn away at this point in the blog. I'm going to get into girly topics. You've been warned.

=======

Most females I know would be happy to be on the receiving end of a statement like, "You've got a cute . . ." no matter what is being complimented nor who is doing the complimenting.

For instance:

"You've got a cute purse."

or

"You've got a cute dog."

or

"You've got a cute smile."

or even

"You've got a cute butt."

But today I got the oddest compliment of all . . .

"You've got a cute cervix."

[See male readers. I told you to turn back at the start of this thing.]

First of all, isn't that the oddest thing you've ever heard or what? Secondly, can a cervix even be cute? I mean, to be honest, I don't even know what one looks like so I guess I can't really be a good judge of cervixes, but that's not a body part that I naturally think of when I think of "cute."

So, obviously I went to the OB/GYN today and got the engine overhauled. Not only did my doc check to make sure the headlights were working, she looked under the hood as well. After a bit of poking around to make sure none of the wires were crossed and that all the lines were clear, she sat back and made the crack about a cute cervix.

To make matters even weirder, I guess the place I go to is a teaching hospital/clinic. My doc had a med student with her and this is who she was really speaking to when she made the cervix comment. Of course, the med student didn't answer her (she was probably as shocked as I to hear about a cute cervix) so maybe the doc was just thinking aloud.

So anyone else had any weird experiences in the doctor's office?

0 comments: