October 26, 2009

Back To School Blues

I feel like I'm back in college and have a paper to write that's due in the morning but continue to put it off. I promised myself that I'd work on my statement of purpose for my JET application today. However, I didn't get started till about 10:30 p.m. tonight, and I'm still working it out as I type this.

While procrastination was a motivating factor, it's not like I was a complete slacker today. I did work on the JET application itself and updated some of the information. Some of the questions are tricky and I'm not sure where certain information should be entered. I'll still need to review it before turning it in.

Getting back to the statement of purpose . . . It's only a two-page essay about why you want to do JET, what you bring to the table and why they should pick you. You'd think it'd be simple, but it's not. On one hand, I feel like I don't have enough space to write all the things I need to write. On the other hand, I feel like I'm rambling on and on about things that don't really connect with each other. Definitely need to work on the transitions.

I have to get through at least draft one of this thing because time is ticking down. I'm still waiting for one letter of reference to come in, so I have a bit of time. I'd like to get through with this as soon as possible and move on with my life. There's no use stressing over this application, you know? Just submit it and see what happens.

0 comments: