October 6, 2008

The Ex List

Ok seriously, I thought that I was a through and through television monogamist and could only truly love one TV show (that show being Grey's Anatomy), but I think I've just experienced love at first sight for the very first time and may consider going polygamist.

The premiere I'm about to throw my morals out the window for is called The Ex List and could very well be the new love of my life. I'll tell you right now that it definitely wins over Private Practice, no matter how much I adore Addison/Kate Walsh.

What sparked my attention was that Elizabeth Reaser, who played Ava/Rebecca in Grey's, stars in this new comedy. Her character's name is Bella, and a psychic tells her that she's met the man she'll marry but must marry him within the next year or else she won't ever marry anyone. Talk about some pressure huh?

I'm assuming each episode will feature Bella's attempt to find this ex and see if he's the one. This is a sure-fire way to introduce us to a parade of hot guys. I'm already all for this show.

Bella's most recent ex, who may or may not end up being "the one," is the second reason I'm liking this show. He's a McSteamy lookalike whose real name is Mark Deklin. He sure does make a good Eric Dane stand-in.

All good-looking guys aside, this concept seems like it'd be pretty interesting. The first episode already threw me for a curve (I won't tell you in case you decide you want to check it out yourself). Bella is spunky and not afraid to tell it like it is. She surrounds herself with a group of friends who seem supportive but not over bearing. And, of course, there'll be a parade of hotties marching through the show.

Perhaps this is the CBS's answer to the void Sex and the City has left on all stations. Of course, it can't push the boundaries too far since it's on regular tv, but it might end up being a younger cousin.

I guess it's never too late to go polygamist, right?

Images: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/the_ex_list/

0 comments: