October 8, 2008

Patience, Smachience

I always knew I wasn't a patient person but somehow, over the last few months, I feel as though my patience is slipping away one ounce at a time. I get irritated and annoyed pretty easily these days, and sometimes I feel so exasperated that I wish I hadn't come to work.

I know what you're thinking, and no, it's not that time of the month. How can it be when it's been a constant symptom for months on end? Some may think that perhaps it's all stemming from unhappiness in the workplace. This could very well be true. If so, it is definitely spilling over into my personal life as well. When I'm off the clock, I still feel tense and agitated. Sometimes I don't even know why.

I'm not sure what to do about this situation. While it's not totally disrupting my productivity at work, I do find myself online longer than necessary. Sometimes I'm reading the local paper or blogs, other times I'm catching up on pop culture and Hollywood gossip. Overall, I just don't feel like working. I feel unmotivated and just do enough to get by. This is completely horrible on my part, but I just can't seem to help myself. Any suggestions of how to get me out of this funk?

0 comments: