October 31, 2008

Longest Week Ever

This has been the longest week ever. I feel like it's 10 times longer than it actually is. To top it off, my work week isn't over till tomorrow afternoon. I mean, I rarely go on vacation and the one week that I do decide to leave this rock, I've gotta put in a six-day work week? C'mon?!? How can the fates be so cruel?

This week I had three meetings, one major event and a half day wasted by driving around and taking pictures for our company's Halloween contest. Normally I'd be the first to volunteer to blow a half day's work, but this week was one of the worst weeks to kill that valuable time.

Still, I made it to the end with only one more day to go before I'm leaving on a jet plane. Thank goodness! Now, my only stress is figuring out what to pack. Will it be cold enough that I freeze to death or just get frostbite? Yeah, I know it's not that cold in San Francisco and L.A., but it'll sure feel like it. I'm used to the nice 80 degrees we have in Hawaii. What will 50 degrees feel like? Amd who knows how to add in the windchill factor?

I'm mostly just happy to be away from work. Lately it's been such a drag. Supposedly, there are big changes in store in 2009, but I've been hearing that since early 2008. How true can these rumors be? Should I wait and stick it out to see or should I start the old job hunt? Maybe I should try to transfer to another department. If so, which one? Things always look greener on the other side of the fence as the saying goes. This economy isn't helping matters either. Tough decisions, tough decisions.

0 comments: