March 23, 2009

22 Things And Counting

Wow, who knew it'd be this hard to come up with 100 things I want to do in my lifetime. While I haven't put as much time into this project as I'd like, I promise I'll post up my complete list on April 1.

So far I have 22 things on the list. The world's so big that I don't even know where to start. I feel pulled in two directions. I want to list things that are doable (how discouraging would it be if I couldn't cross off anything?), but I also want them to be meaningful to myself or to others. It's a tough balancing act.

Evaluating my list at this point I find that most of my "things" are selfish. I don't mean that I'm listing "win a million dollars" or anything, but they're all self-growth and self-exploration things. I do want to make a significant contribution to the world though, so I guess I should dig a little deeper. (Although, I really do want to go to Ireland and find a rainbow so I can search for a pot of gold.)

0 comments: