March 3, 2009

Girl's Day aka Hina Matsuri

Today's Daily Dish blog was about the Japanese tradition of Girl's Day, which is celebrated on the third of March. In Japanese, it's called Hina Matsuri or Doll's Festival.

Cat put together a pretty good list of why she loves being a girl. I thought I'd throw my hat in the ring and make my own pro-girl list. And yes, some of my reasons will ring with anti-feminism, but I don't care. I'm enough of a feminist to admit when I'm being anti-feminist. Hahaha!

My Awesome List of the Perks of Being a Girl in 2009

  • We'll always pull over to ask for directions because we're more verbal than visual. (Why waste time trying to figure out the map when someone can just as easily point you in the right direction?)
  • The simple fact that we might like sports becomes a genuine plus in the dating game. If we actually do like sports, we become an instant winner.
  • Guys are amazed when we can do simple things like drive a five-speed or change a tire. (It really doesn't take much to impress huh?)
  • Most guys will hold a door open for us so we don't need to get germs on our hand. (Can you imagine how many people have touched that door handle before? Ick!)
  • Most of the time we can get away with little to no heavy lifting of any kind.
  • We don't sweat. We glisten. (LOL)
  • No one will ever look at us weird when we baby talk to an infant or animal. (Except if we become a weird cat/dog lady who pushes her pet in a stroller. Now that is definitely weird.)
  • Crying for no reason is acceptable behavior. So is yelling and screaming.
  • No matter how much we advocate that women should go after what they want, we still love it when a guy tries to woo us.
  • The gift of life (Ok, this is probably not for me but I'm sure it'd make other people's lists so I'm just putting it on here for the sake of putting it on here.)

Here's a vid - Mini Moni's "Hinamatsuri." Even this showcases one of the perks of being a girl. We can put out an idiotically cute vid like this and people will still walk away smiling.

0 comments: