August 16, 2009

Finance Expo Recap

I spent this weekend at the Blaisdell at the 2009 Personal Finance Expo, the first of its kind for Hawaii. Boy, oh boy, was it slow. Who was the genius who thought to schedule it the same weekend as Bayfest? What a winner!

It was estimated that about 16,000 people would be in attendance according to the organizers. I think they'd be lucky if 2,000 showed up to Saturday and Sunday combined. What a waste of time and man hours. Thank god it's all over.

Despite the hours of intense boredom, the staff who volunteered to come down and help did liven things up a bit. I forgot what it was like to enjoy people around you. Obviously, I don't enjoy my boss' company. It was good to interact with people from other departments. We laughed and joked around like normal people. Jesus, what a fricken concept! People who have a good time together. You can tell I'm terribly deprived of this on a regular basis. Still, it was too much to hope for that my boss wouldn't pull his childish act or snap at someone during this event. He did both today.

I cannot understand how anyone can work alongside this guy and yet I am forced to do so. The guy is a total ass whether he wants to admit it or not. I think it's better when these assholes just embrace it and don't try to hide it. I can almost respect them for standing their ground and just fully living it up. Not my boss. There are moments when I think he believes himself to be sincere and caring, and he tries to pull off the nice guy act. But these childish tantrums that he throws every once in a while just blow his act to hell.

My boss is a grown-ass man and I bet he'd love to just throw himself down on the floor and roll around crying like this kid. At least there's hope that this kid will eventually grow out of it. If not, well then at least he's a cute-looking kid.

0 comments: