January 19, 2009

Go Speedracer! Go, Go, Speedracer!

I'm happy to report that I FINALLY got my car back from the body shop. You cannot know how thrilled I am to get it back. The only bad thing is that the job wasn't done and I need to go back for them to finish it up. As if this entire process hasn't taken up enough of my time, right?

Despite this, I am so thankful to have my car back. (It's a 2007 Nissan Altima.) The reason I am so happy to have my car back is because I've been driving a Ford Focus for the past month from the rental company. No offense to those of you who drive this car, but may I just ask you why??

I hated this car from the moment I stepped into it. First of all, the seat felt really high as though my head would touch the ceiling. That is completely impossible because I'm not that tall, but the feeling of the height of the seat was just really weird. It's almost as if it didn't fit my body right. I never had a problem with the seats of import cars before.

Another thing that I disliked was that the steering wheel was so sensitive but it felt heavy. It was quite an odd experience. The wheel itself felt like it weighed a ton but just a little twitch of your hand would make the car swerve.

One of the most irritating things about this car was that the cup holders were essentially useless. They were so huge that no regular-sized cup could fit snug into the holder. And with the weird steering situation, your drink is completely at a risk of tipping over. I already wasted an entire Jamba Juice smoothie because of this.

There are tons more reasons why I now know why I don't buy American cars. The drive is just completely horrible. I may be an active contributor to why the auto industry is failing at the moment, but you couldn't convince me to buy one of those cars at this point.

When I got my car back, it almost felt like I was driving a luxury vehicle. How crazy is that?

0 comments: