January 11, 2009

My Goodreads

Recently, I found this pretty cool website called Goodreads, which lets you list the books you've read, are reading and want to read. It's a community of literature geeks where you can compare and discuss books. You can make lists of your top books, write reviews and even get suggestions for new books to read. So far, I'm totally into it.

I'm trying to remember all the stuff I've read before, especially from back in college since I double majored in English and journalism. I didn't realize it'd be this hard, but I suppose it has been many years now. Right now I've added about 91 books, I think. You can see my profile here.

You'll definitely notice that since college, the quality of my reading has dramatically declined. There's a period when all I read was classics. It's hard to read anything else while you're in school - no time to do anything else but study. These days I've been immersed in chick lit. Yeah, not too educational or mind altering, but it's a quick read for me. Usually I can get through a book in a day or two. It's easy and brainless but I like it.

I've also added a widget on the side of my blog that scrolls through the books I've read. You'll be able to keep up with the stuff I'm reading, but it'll probably be more chick lit for a while longer. Reading is definitely something I really enjoy. I can always get lost in the lives of those caught between the pages of a book. It's a great way to escape, to travel, to dream. Definitely a Paradise within reach.

0 comments: