January 8, 2009

Kinetsu Hayabusa and Other Characters

Last weekend I re-watched a teen flick called She's the Man starring Amanda Bynes and Channing Tatum. As I was watching it, I realized that the actor playing Amanda's boyfriend was also the same dude in Step Up 2 The Streets. (I realize what I am admiting to by revealing that I've watched both of these movies, but for now give me the benefit of the doubt will ya?)

Because I'm really bad with names and faces, I got a kick out of actually recognizing the guy - his name is Robert James Hoffman III, by the way. Because I thought it was interesting that this guy was a great dancer as well as not bad looking, I've spent the past couple of days obsessing over him. I'm not saying that I've done any stalkerish behavior, but I have been enjoying his extracurricular activities immensely.

Besides being a killer dancer and choreographer, the guy is a comic genius. I dare say that his homemade vids are better than his dancing and possibly even his acting in major motion pictures.

One of the characters he plays is Kinetsu Hayabusa, the urban ninja. He's dressed in full-on ninja regalia and does all kinds of martial arts in the middle of the city.



Another one of his short films is called "Soulmate." It is totally hilarious because the premise is that he falls in love with himself. You gotta check this out!


Ok, here's the last sample of his genius. It's called "Dancer Face."


Ok, so what's my point? This guy has obviously found his Paradise. He turned his love for dance into a career. This dancing career has led him to acting. (He's in another film coming out in July 2009 called They Came from Upstairs.) He's produced a grip load of hysterical short films that are blowing up YouTube.

So this guy is showing us that it's definitely possible to take something fun that you enjoy doing and turn it into a lifestyle that supports you. Now don't we all wish we could find something like this?

0 comments: