January 7, 2009

2009 in Full Effect

Yes, I realize we're already a good week into the new year and I didn't even get to reflect on the old one. How's that one grab ya? So, I guess we'll just go ahead and skip right to the good stuff.

What's the good stuff, you ask me? I don't think I'll be able to answer that one. I'm finding 2009 just as difficult as 2008 so far. My car is still in the shop. Did I even blog about getting rear-ended? I can't even remember. Anyway, I got hit from behind on Dec. 19. My car's been in the shop since Dec. 22. Still waiting to get her back safe and sound. Looks like it won't happen till Friday or maybe even Monday.

Work is still the same as usual. I still haven't been able to crack the code to happiness there. It's definitely not a paradise situation at all. I know you're supposed to try to find work that you love doing. This keeps you from being burnt out. But, most times work is just work. It's a way to pay the bills. Trust me, if I could find something else to pay the bills I'd definitely jump at it.

With the end of 2008 and start of 2009 already in full swing, I've been thinking about life a lot lately. While on the surface I feel like I've done a lot thus far, I also feel as though I'm lacking a bunch of things too. I don't feel as fufilled as I'd like. The strange thing is that I don't really know what it'll take to fulfill me. Is this just a problem with my generation in general? We have too high of an expectation for everything and everyone. Is this why we can't be happy?

Being happy with yourself and your life should be one of the easiest ways to find your personal paradise. So, why is it that most people find this difficult to do and never truly find their personal happiness?

0 comments: