January 13, 2009

Prison Breaks My Heart

I just read that Fox has canceled Prison Break. This just breaks my heart. I started watching this series last year after several friends told me it was a "must see." (This was definitely influenced by Wentworth Miller, as I came to find out.) So I Netflixed the previous seasons and finally caught up. This was the first season I was actually watching the show as it happened. Now this terrible news about it getting the death sentence. Looks like it'll be over by April.

Yes, I realize that there isn't much storyline left once the guys broke out of prison. I mean, where can the plot go from there? The show is called Prison Break for a reason. Also, every time they seemed to be one step closer to freedom, something always blocked their way. Despite this, I'm still going along for the ride. Aren't the other fans doing the same?

It's so disappointing to finally get into a series only to see that it gets the axe. This has happened several times for me - The Ex List, Las Vegas and Moonlight. Darn it, I knew I should've stuck with Heroes.

0 comments: