July 24, 2009

Dinner Out Back

Tonight I had dinner at Outback Waikiki with my friend Wonder Woman, who I haven't seen in what seems like years. She's an old co-worker from my previous hell hole who I only worked with for about three months. However, during those three months of hard labor, we somehow formed a bond that can only be achieved through mutual suffering.

Anyway, Outback was pretty empty at 6 p.m. and we didn't have to wait at all. The service was good. We were the only table our server had at the time. They seem to have upgraded their menu. Then again, I haven't been to Outback in months and months. The bad part about the evening is that we had to pay $4.50 for parking, even when Outback validated.

WTF? We're not even in the heart of Waiks yet and the parking is outrageous. Isn't there supposed to be some kind of economic slump? Why don't they drop the fricken prices to lure people out of their homes? I'm completely frightened to think what the cost would've been if we hadn't validated.

All that aside, I had a nice three and a half hours of catching up with Wonder Woman. You're probably wondering why I call her that. Well, besides not wanting to name names, to me she is a perfect Wonder Woman.

She's the only girl I know who's really taken finding her one true love into her own hands and put herself out there trying to meet someone. I mean, she's done volunteering, blind dates, speed dating and even bought herself a man. No, not one of them gigs walking the street but a real, live fire fighter.

Last weekend, she was one of many girls who went out to Oceans808 and participated in the Burning Down the House fundraiser. I would've loved to go to this bachelor auction for the Susan G. Komen for the Cure, but alas, I had three fricken events that week/weekend. If I'd gone, I would've probably just been there for the eye candy. However, Wonder Woman was there for a purpose.

At the end of the night, she walked away with a gen-u-wine Honolulu fire fighter. Yuuummy! The bidding lasted about five bids and she walked away with him as her prize plus an awesome date package that included a dinner out at Haleiwa Joe's and a shark diving expedition. Isn't that crazy? I love that it's not a traditional date and is probably something regular peeps wouldn't choose as their first date. I'm biting my nails just waiting to get an update from her.

Anyway, her experience in the dating pool has gotten me thinking about just how far I am willing to go in the pursuit of love? I've gotta say that I'm probably a gutless biatch when compared to her. I wouldn't do half the stuff she's done just to find my true love.

It's probably more apathy than fear (or at least I think so), and that's gotta be one of the saddest things I've ever admitted to myself. I think I'm just way to comfortable in my life to bother making the effort. This is so wrong though, isn't it?

0 comments: