July 2, 2009

Disney Proposal - Real or Really Good Marketing?

I'm not sure whether this video of a marriage proposal is real or if it's just really good marketing. The romantic in me wants to believe this guy is a struggling actor whose day job is waiting tables in between call backs for gigs. That he planned this all with the help of some friends and rehearsed like crazy. That he asked the Disney magic people to help him capture this for posterity.

But the cynic in me believes this is truly a very clever marketing scheme by the Disney folks. What better way to advertise and promote the magic kingdom by having dozens of people witness a magical moment such as this? Who knows if this thing happens once an hour on the half hour?

In any case, this is a cute little vid that made me smile.

2 comments:

Mikael said...

I keep trying to figure out if this is real or staged, and I can't find any info on it anywhere.
If it's real, I'm assuming the guy is a cast member himself and organized it with the help of coworkers and Disney approval.
The reason I can't believe this to be fake is... since when does Disney need any viral publicity? It just doesn't seem like them.

skycastles said...

I'm leaning more toward real than staged too. Plus, the girl looks really freaked out like she thinks her boyfriend is going nuts.