July 22, 2009

Bucket List - Week 15 Update

I've got a several updates to my Bucket List.

Bucket List #1
Since it seems very likely that my second manuscript submission has been lost by my publisher, I have decided to take the time to review and revise it. After this process, I'll send it out to other local publishers. I say screw exclusive rights at this point. My publishers have had it for about a year and a half or so and haven't had the decency to even get it reviewed or turn it down completely. It basically hasn't even been acknowledged.

Bucket List #16
This is still a pretty sticky issue at work. It's got a lot to do with all that bullshit office politics. I've decided just to go out and do something on my own. I'm planning to look into volunteer opportunities in town and see which one I like the most.

Bucket List #26
I wish I could just change my manager or at least his personality. However, this doesn't seem likely. I think the only option if I stay here is one of us going crazy. It's more likely me than him because the guy can be so obtuse at times. Still, it isn't exactly a great time to be job hunting, now is it?

Bucket List #32
I found six cents in the washing machine the other day. I hate doing laundry so I try not to hold out as long as possible before I do it. Usually I end up doing 4+ loads at a time. Anyway, this brings my total down to $999.86.

Bucket List #55
I'm working I Will Teach you to be Rich by Ramit Sethi for July. I came across his blog several months back and try to read it when I can. He has interesting tips for people trying to make a little and save a little. He also makes everything seem so damn easy.

Bucket List #67
I'll finally be on my way to achieving this. My golf lessons got pushed back two weeks so my first lesson is on Sunday. I'll letcha know how it goes. Hopefully I won't get blisters on my hands. Also, I was supposed to use my sister's old set but she couldn't find it. My dad let me borrow his 8 iron, which is the only club required for this class. However, my sister just gave me a call and found the clubs. Hallelujah! I'm going to pick them up on Saturday.

Bucket List #70
Still looking for a cheap sewing machine that's easy to use. I'm not in a huge rush though. I'll probably wait till Christmas for some sales.

Bucket List #81
This is getting to be almost impossible at work. There's pretty much no hope that I start working on this one in the context of the four walls in my office.

Bucket List #85
Yeah, like I ever really started this one. But I think about it often LOL Maybe after I get this golf lesson thing going, I can count going to the driving range as exercise?

Bucket List #87
Haven't heard any news from my friend who wanted to do the ballroom dancing lessons. It's probably not happening. I suppose I can wait another 30+ years before I do this. At least then I'll have a chance of being in the right demographic.

Bucket List #90
Again, while I'd very much like to do this at work, it's pretty well impossible.

3 comments:

Richard said...

RE: Item #16, volunteering: Check out volunteerhawaii.org. It's like a classified ads site for volunteer opportunities. Prospective volunteers can browse the ads, and agencies can post ads stating what they're looking for. You can customize searches, too, fine-tuned towards the type of work you're looking for.

Full disclosure: my workplace, Aloha United Way, funds and operates the site. But it's still a great tool.

-r-

skycastles said...

That sounds like a great place to start. I was thinking I'd have to go to each non-profit website to check them out. Thanks!

skycastles said...

Update on my update:

Bucket List #67
My class got canceled completely and they're going to refund my money. Apparently there's no electricity in the building they're using. I'll have to re-register for the fall session.

Bucket List #70
My mom called and said there was a sewing machine on sale at Costco for $99 after a rebate. I told her to pick it up for me so I'll probably go check it out this weekend.

Bucket List #85
I guess I have no excuse for this now huh? Golf got canceled so I'll just have to get my butt in gear. *sigh* I hate exercising, but I suppose that's why I've become such a fatty. I better get my ass going.