April 1, 2009

Bucket List

As promised, I've finished my list of the 100 things I'd like to do before I die. It was actually really difficult to come up with 100 things. Some things are pretty abstract. Other seem almost impossible to achieve, but I kept them on the list anyway. I guess that's the purpose of this sort of thing, right? Now that I have my list down, all I need to do is begin working on it.

1. Write a book and get it published
2. Go to Italy and be struck by Cupid's arrow
3. Watch a Shakespearean play in England
4. Find a rainbow in Ireland and search for the pot of gold
5. Go to Scotland and see the Highland Games
6. Visit a fortune teller and have my fortune read
7. Name a star after someone
8. See the Aurora Borealis
9. Sleep in an igloo
10. Cage dive with great whites
11. Laugh in the face of danger
12. Forgive someone who has wronged me
13. Catch fireflies in a jar
14. Live in the moment
15. Sit on a porch at night and listen to crickets
16. Volunteer at a non-profit organization - DONE 9/13/09 Hawaii Literacy; 9/19/09 JCCH
17. Save a life
18. Fly a plane
19. Rescue an animal
20. Help a stranger solve a problem
21. Spend a night in a haunted house
22. Create something beautiful
23. Make someone's dream come true
24. Take a road trip across the US
25. Meet a real life prince
26. Evoke change in something or someone
27. Learn to juggle
28. Ice skate at Rockefeller Center
29. Sleep under the stars
30. Love unconditionally
31. Write a song that gets played on the radio
32. Pick up $1,000 in change off the street, then donate it to charity
33. Capture the perfect sunset
34. Be spontaneous
35. Plant a tree
36. Bet it all and win
37. Cheer until I lose my voice
38. Celebrate something atop the Empire State Building
39. See through the eyes of a child
40. Admit when I'm wrong
41. Believe in something that can't be seen
42. Stomp on grapes to make wine
43. Be part of something bigger
44. Destroy a stereotype
45. Cliff dive
46. Have a taste of heaven
47. Take part in a flash mob
48. Start a pillow fight
49. Sing karaoke in front of strangers
50. Give up drinking soda
51. Create my own fragrance
52. Ride in a horse-drawn carriage
53. Watch a Broadway show
54. Ride in a hot air balloon
55. Read an inspirational book every month
56. Kiss someone at the top of a ferris wheel
57. Feel beautiful
58. Have someone serenade me
59. Eat fugu
60. Find a message in a bottle
61. Send a message in a bottle
62. Experience something from a fairy tale
63. Smile through tears
64. Ride a horse bareback
65. Find a four-leaf clover
66. Make a stranger smile
67. Hit a hole in one
68. Be the inspiration for a song or poem
69. Seal a letter with a kiss
70. Learn to sew
71. Act out a childhood fantasy
72. Reduce the clutter in my life
73. Find a new use for something old
74. Reconnect with someone from my past - DONE 4/17/09
75. Learn from a mistake
76. Search for buried treasure
77. Walk in the footsteps of another
78. Catch a deep-sea fish
79. Dedicate a song to someone on the radio
80. Witness a miracle
81. Choose to be optimistic instead of pessimistic
82. Run a marathon
83. Stop swearing
84. Learn to play an instrument
85. Exercise at least three times a week
86. Give someone a second chance
87. Take ballroom dancing classes
88. Uncover a hidden talent
89. Learn to write with my left hand
90. Stop complaining about things I cannot change
91. Catch a snowflake on my tongue
92. Give someone a gift for no reason at all
93. Sky dive
94. Live life to the fullest
95. Take a stand against something
96. Ride a mechanical bull
97. Feel like a kid again
98. Pay for the next person in line
99. Speak up instead of remaining quiet
100. Realize my full potential

0 comments: