April 2, 2009

Crash

Whoa, the sound of metal on metal is so scary. I was sitting at my computer this evening and heard a horrible crunching noise. I peaked through my windows and saw that a car and a truck had hit each other head on in the next driveway over.

You'd think head-on collisons are ridiculous. I mean, hello, you can see each other! But with all the parked cars along the road it is pretty difficult to see on-coming traffic.

A car leaving the building next to mine tried to make a left turn out onto the road. However, a truck coming down the street must not have seen the car creeping out. Cops and EMT were called but it didn't look like anyone was seriously injured.

What makes it worse is that at this very moment I can hear kids playing in the parking lot and along the streets next door. What would've happened if they were there only two hours ago?





0 comments: