April 14, 2009

SF Here We Come

By the way, I forgot to mention that me and my BFF finally booked a vacation for early May. We're going back to San Francisco to finish up playing tourist at the places we didn't have time to see during the two days we were there last November.

Hopefully this time we'll get to explore the neighborhoods more. I want to get a good feel of the place because I still have my sights set on moving there at some point. So, if anyone gots a job hook up in SF for me, lemme know.

I started researching the rent prices as soon as I got back from my last trip and honestly, Hawaii ain't got nothin' on SF. The rents are sky high with barely anything hovering around $1,000 a month. They're more like $2000 or else you share with a jack load of roomies. But, that might not be so bad considering I'd be new in town and wouldn't know where the heck to go or how to get there.

The main concern I have is finding a job in this economy. I would totally love to work in publishing, but I suppose marketing is probably ok with me too. Non-profit work would be wonderful as well. But, of course, all these jobs are contingent on there actually being openings during a time when people are getting the pink slip left and right. Also, a willingness to hire from outside the state would have to be there, and I think it's not likely when so many competent people in the city are jobless already.

Anyway, I've pretty much settled for sitting tight for the time being. We'll see where this little life of mine takes me. In the meantime, this bank ad gives me hope that some locals can make it in the city.

0 comments: