April 29, 2009

Bucket List - Week 3 Update

I didn't make too much progress on my Bucket List this week. Here's your update:

Bucket List #16
It looks like the Lanakila project at work is going through. I think this will be a good way to ease into volunteering before I jump into the deep end on my own.

Bucket List #18
I've been looking into this one but need to do more research. They've got a two-year course over at HCC, but I want to see what it really involves. So far, the tuition and flight fees add up to a pretty penny. I suppose you can make it back if you actually get a flying job once you graduate. However, like everything else these days, the economy is kicking everyone's butt. Will there be flying jobs out there when Americans aren't vacationing like they used to?

Bucket List #32
Well, I found two cents on the sidewalk - two separate instances. So that only leaves $999.98 to go.

Bucket List #50
Yeah, well this one's shot to hell. I'm just as successful at this as I am with #85, which is nada. I won't give up though.

Bucket List #55
I finished my inspirational book for April. It's called Life Could Be Sweeter by William Sinunu. What was interesting about this book is that the author has apparently traveled and lived all around the world. Because of this, he's been able to witness and compare different cultures and traditions with our American ideals. There's much to be said about a worldly conscience that allows you to cope with death, experience love, view success and other every day things from a different light. I've learned that there are so many different ways to live your life and that the most important thing is that you be true to yourself. I also found that while Americans may view certain things as being completely crazy (such as quitting your job to travel around the world with your partner in order to discover if the two of you are truly compatible and ready to take the next step toward marriage), it is simply normal and acceptable behavior to Europeans. C'est la vie!



Bucket List #70
I've been looking into this one as well. I've looked at and priced out a couple different machines, but I think I'll wait till after my SF trip to nail down which one I'm going to buy.

Bucket List #72
I started cleaning around my house a bit, but it was really just to get myself organized to pack for my trip. There are so many things I could get rid of and donate to charity, but that all takes up so much time. After my trip, I plan to set aside an entire weekend and go through my things with a fine-tooth comb. Keep what I really need and use; dump what I don't.

Bucket List #74
DONE! Wow, this is the first item on my list that I can actually cross off. On April 17, I received a message on Facebook from my long lost friend Wolfgang (no, it's not actually his real name). I had not heard from or seen him in what I estimate to be 10 years. 10 years! Can you believe that one? What the?!?! Where did all the time go? Back in the day we used to chat till the wee morning hours. He'd swing by to visit me at work, which would sometimes be very awkward as I think my old co-workers were overly protective of me back then. I'd always get the thrid degree from them when he left. Sometimes I'd swing by his work to just cruise. It was nice since he worked at a music shop. God, reminiscing like this is almost enough to get me all misty-eyed . . . for my youth and days gone by. Damn it, we're so old now! Hahaha!

0 comments: