April 27, 2009

Men in Uniform

I'm not one to normally spot a man in uniform, feel my legs turn to jelly and automatically swoon. But today was different. It was like a sea of change. Cop in dress blues = Too hot to trot. (This could also be due to the fact that he didn't have a belly on him as most donut/Zip Pac-toting cops do.)

I was having lunch at La Pizza Rina on King Street today with my co-worker. (We both had the pizza special, although I was seriously tempted to get one of their subs. They're so ono I can't even describe it to you.) Next to us was a table overflowing with boys in blue and other law-like people. One of them (Takata according to his embroidered name tag) was definitely smokin'.

Funny, I'm not usually drawn to full-on Asian dudes, but I guess all things in moderation huh? He was definitely a good candidate to protect and serve me, I'm tellin' ya. I wouldn't resist arrest at all. Not at all.
After the cops left, some paramedics came in and ordered take out. Not as cute as Takata, but there's just something about their starched-white uniforms and the fact that they were talking about a shattered foot and a compound fracture in someone's arm that's so appealing.

All I needed was a studly fire fighter and a bronzed god of a life guard to round out the city and county of Honolulu's version of the armed forces. If that were the case, I might not have made it back to work in one piece. Lucky for work no other uniforms crossed my path today.

0 comments: