April 15, 2009

Bucket List - Week 2 Update

Ah yes, my weekly bucket list update. I swear the week went by so quickly. It could possibly be because my boss has been out sick since last week. There's just something very freeing about it, don't you think? Anyway, on with the show.

Bucket List #10
There was an intriguing development since last week about a new cage diving start up out of Maunalua Bay that planned to chum the water so divers could watch sharks feed. However, they've pulled the plug on that due to public outcry.

Bucket List #16
I'm actually going on a site tour tomorrow to Lanakila Pacific. It is one of the non-profits that my company is thinking of supporting. After sitting through a presentation by its president and CEO Marian Tsuji, I think this will be a really fulfilling endeavor. I want to see how it goes with work before considering volunteering as an individual.

Bucket List #50
I know I said I was going to start this when I finished up the soda in my house, but I'm finding this one oddly difficult to do. I stopped drinking soda for a couple days this week simply because I didn't eat out. However, somewhere along the line I got a massive headache (which I never usually get) and began wondering if it's some kind of caffeine withdrawal? Is there even such a thing? If so, that pain in the brain was probably it. I think I'll need to refocus my efforts on this one . . . but I just had diet coke with my dinner so I guess I should start tomorrow.

Bucket List #55
I've got one more Black Dagger Brotherhood book to read before I start looking for my inspirational book. I'm not sure what it is about this series but I'm hooked. It's all dark and dangerous, passionate and romantic. Quite an odd combo.

Bucket List #70
I actually started looking into the cost of a sewing machine but am waiting for one of my co-workers to get back from vacation. She'll know what a good price is and can advise me on a model that's easy to use. She's a real pro - every Halloween she sews her costumes from scratch, and I'm not talking simple ghost or witch costumes. Last year she was a southern belle and made a Scarlett O'Hara-type dress.

0 comments: