November 22, 2009

Black Cloud Friday

Where was I this Black Friday? If your first guess is standing in line, holding my pee and waiting for the Best Buy people to pass out numbers to get in . . . you're wrong. If your second guess is sitting in a lawn chair sipping on a Jamba Juice outside of some handbag store . . . you're still wrong, but I truly wish you were right. So where the hell was I? Ah, but of course. I was at work. Thus begins what I will now being calling Black Cloud Friday.

Is it seriously necessary to be in the office the day after Thanksgiving unless you work a retail job? I think not. I mean, unless you're in the heart of all the madness, there's no reason you need to be at work. Instead, you should be up to your neck in deals and cursing that you only have one body with which to stand in line.

So in order to silently protest my dissatisfaction with the system, I browsed the web all day and refrained from doing too much work. I mean, seriously . . . it so was not necessary to come in today.

I can only hope to hit the effin' Megabucks when I go to Vegas in two weeks. If I do, I'm never coming back to work again. Take that puppy as a lump sum and don't look back.

0 comments: