November 12, 2009

Signed, Sealed, Delivered

I did it. I dropped my JET application in the mail today. It should make it to DC next week. That's plenty of time to make the Nov. 24 deadline.

I'm not sure if they'll consider me. I think my essay came out okay, especially after I got some help with it. I wonder how many applicants there'll be from Hawaii? I guess that's hard to predict. I'd anticipate there'd be more this year because of the way things are going in the economy.

I don't have my hopes up. I can pretty much take it or leave it. I guess that's not a good thing to say but it's true. I have a stable job so even if I don't get in I'll still have something to fall back on. It's different for recent college grads without jobs. Still, I'd love the opportunity to go to Japan. It would be a killer experience.

I plan to still do some research on the country and get more acquainted with it just in case I do get selected. I'm definitely not looking forward to the interview, but I'm sure no one is. We'll see how it goes I guess.

0 comments: