November 3, 2009

Visian ICL - Update

I went in for another of many follow-up visits today, and because it's been about a month since I posted an update, I figured I should say something.

I've been going in about every two weeks to get my eyes checked. The pressure in my left eye is apparently still higher than my doctor would like. Every time I go in, it's pretty much the same story. I don't see 20/20 and my pressure is slightly high. At this point, I'm only using eye drops in the left eye. The right eye is normal I guess.

Two weeks ago, the doctor took some scans and measurements of my eyes so he could take it up to a conference. He was going to show his buds and get their opinion. Today he told me that his friend from Phoenix, who has won some kind of award for doing over 1,000 Visian ICL surgeries, said that he's only had one case like me in his 1,000 patients. This is good and bad news. It's good because at least I'm not the first to experience these weird pressure problems. It's bad because, hey, I wanted to be special LOL

The plan of action after talking with other doctors is to let the eye settle itself down on its own (The other option would be to remove the lens and try a size down). I've got another appointment scheduled in six weeks to reassess things.

Interestingly enough, my doctor told me that some of his colleagues (or perhaps the Staar people who make the Visian ICL lens) said he should talk to me because of what I'm saying on this blog. Wow, who knew I had lurkers on this blog!! Maybe I should start tracking visitors and things? Anyway, the point is that it was surprising that a large company like Staar would even give a second thought to a lil' ol' blog like this. I guess that's one of the real benefits/dangers of the internet, right? People have instant access to it whenever they want it. Ah, the beauty of it all.

0 comments: