November 2, 2009

YouTubing the Night Away

Why am I up at 1:15 a.m. when I have to go to work in several hours? Well, at first it started out as well-intentioned research for JET. I was watching videos made by a girl (intro2the1) who has been in Japan on JET for over a year now. She's got a channel called Dear Life Japan, and it's pretty insightful stuff about basic things in Japan. I like that it's not only about her school life. She also covers issues in real life, cultural differences and even societal topics like abortion and suicide. It's really good stuff.

Now, for about the past hour or so, I've been listening to David Choi's videos. The boy can sing man. Gotta support the Asian talents out there, right? I came across this video he made of his grandparents and uncle singing a Korean folk song. I have no clue what they're saying, but they sound good to me. They are so cute, especially his grandmother. Here's the video:

0 comments: