September 29, 2009

Eye Pressure Normal - For Now

I went in today for a follow-up visit after the drama and trauma that was yesterday. I'm happy to report that my eye pressure is normal. I'm to continue various eye drops but have been instructed to slowly cut them off after the next couple of days. I have another follow-up appointment next week to see how things are.

While not 20/20, my vision is better than it was yesterday. My left eye is definitely in better shape despite still being a little red. Both eyes feel normal - or as normal as they have been since the surgery. I'm hoping over the next few weeks they'll heal up and kick it up to 20/20.

The doctor said that apparently I'm a special case. While all these things could happen, they've never happened to him before and I'm the first. Wow, lucky me. I asked him whether my vision would get better as they healed. He said this was possible, but it's hard to predict since my pressure keeps going up and down. Normally these little anomalies wouldn't bother other people so much. However, I seem to react very quickly to inconsistencies like the little flap of epithelials closing the iridotomy. He said we'll have to wait and see how my eyes heal up before determining what to do next.

All I can say is that I'm glad I'm not blind! It felt like touch and go for a while there, especially looking at my left eye in the mirror yesterday morning. Spooky man! I hope my eyes heal better than they have been in the next several weeks. How am I ever to go shark diving if my eyes don't heal?

0 comments: