September 19, 2009

Post Op - Eye 2, Day 3

It's been three days since I had surgery on my right eye and my vision is clearing up little by little. It's still blurry and is no where near 20/20. My left eye is now also getting blurry too. I'm not sure if that's to compensate for the right eye or not.

At my follow-up visit to the doc's on Thursday, he said to give it a while and see what happens. Swelling of the eye and residue left over from the surgery could be causing the lack of clarity. So far I don't think that's the problem.

While I can definitely see much better than pre-surgery, the clarity is not as good as I'd like. I'm not sure what else to do about it. I'm still putting in various eye drops three times a day. As far as physical pain or discomfort, there is none. Every once in a while I do feel like there's something in my eye (like dust or even like there's a contact in there) so I know my eyes are still healing. They said you'll feel this way for a while after surgery.

I really do hope that my eyes get better. At the follow up, my left eye's vision went from being 20/20 to about 20/30, which sucks. The high pressure in both eyes did return to normal though, however, I was seeing more clear with the pressure up in my left eye than I am now that it's normal. It's really bizarre. I'm not scheduled to go back in till Oct. 2, so hopefully thing will get better during the next two weeks.

0 comments: