September 16, 2009

Visian ICL Surgery - Eye 2

Today I went in to get my right eye done. It was basically the same procedure, except this time I had a better grasp of what was going on around me since I could see through my left eye. There weren't many patients today so I got done about 30-45 minutes early. I ended up going home to wait for my follow up appointment instead of staying at the office.

At the follow up, the doc said that the pressure in my right eye was a bit high. Same deal as my left eye. They also had me read from the screen and again my vision was at about 20/80. The only difference that I could tell between my right and left eyes post-op is that my right eyelid felt a bit fat. I'm not sure why it was swollen at all, but now it feels alright. I'm supposed to go back tomorrow at 10 a.m. so hopefully things are still going well.

After the check up, I came home and took a nap. Last time I didn't really feel tired, but this time I did. Could be old age LOL I slept for about three hours and would've tried for more except I could hear kids playing outside and I was hungry.

At this point, several hours post-op, I still can't see the words I'm typing out of my right eye. It seems that my left eye recovered faster than this. The doc said that it could be because my body's not pushing out the viscous fluid they need to use to insert the lens as quickly. Because there's still fluid in there, it could be causing the blurriness. We'll see how tonight goes though. My eye is still dilated and huge so I'm typing in the dark but the screen is still pretty bright. Other than that, things are going fine.

0 comments: