September 10, 2009

Post-Op Day 1-2: Seeing 20/20

Yesterday I went in for a follow up visit to the eye doctor. It took longer to get into the exam room and to wait for him than to actually get checked. Isn't that usually the case?

When I finally saw him, he checked my left eye and told me that the pressure was a little high. He said this could be due to some of the gunk they put in pre-op and during the surgery not being flushed out. He gave me yet another bottle of drops to use - one drop twice a day. I added it to my collection of bottles. I also had to schedule another visit for Monday so he could check on it prior to working on my right eye.

When the tech checked my vision, it turns out I can see 20/20! Amazing if you ask me. The letters are still blurry and not completely crisp, but the fact that I could see them is just crazy. They told me that prior to surgery I couldn't even see the big E on the chart. That's how bad my vision was.

Overall, the only weird thing is that I feel a little disoriented because my eyes don't seem to be on the same page. What I mean is that I have a floating sensation like I don't have good depth perception. It's not too bad though. When I described it to my friend Elle, she said that she recently got a new monitor at work that had been cranked up so that everything was super crisp and clear. It made her feel dizzy. That's the best description for what I'm feeling now. Hopefully when my right eye gets fixed everything will balance out. It's like one eye is HDTV and one eye is analog.

Last night I wore my racquet ball goggle to sleep and didn't have a problem with it. It's not uncomfortable so it's ok. Also, I suppose subconsciously I know that I just had surgery and don't roll around too much in my sleep.

Today I have one last day at work before the weekend. Yesterday wasn't bad though. I just need to bring my bag of eye drops and keep on schedule.

0 comments: