September 13, 2009

Post-Op Day 4

My vision seems to be getting better with each passing day. However, I do have a small spot of blood above my iris behind my eyelid. When I went in last Thursday, the doctor said not to worry about it and gave me another bottle of eye drops to use. I suppose this spot is due to the fact that I'm a bleeder as he calls me.

Other than that though, it seems to be going fine. Today I began the antibiotic drops in my right eye to prep for the Wednesday surgery. I've got so many bottles now but at least they're all on the same schedule.

When comparing my left and right eye for vision, it seems like my left is now more sharp than my right. So, I guess the analogy of HDTV and analog that was given to me by the coordinator is pretty accurate. It's not that my right eye is bad with the contact on. It's just that my left eye post-surgery is very, very clear. I wonder if it's better than 20/20 at this point? The doctor said it could get better as it heals.

Because of the sharpness of one eye, I still feel a little off - as if my balance or depth perception isn't right. I suppose once they do my right eye, things will balance out. Right now it feels like when you get a new prescription and things are extra sharp so you feel a little disoriented or maybe even spacey. It's not too bad though and hasn't prevented me from driving or caused any illness (dizzy spells or nausea).

0 comments: