May 24, 2009

Memories

Geez, how pathetic am I? I started off trying to do a huge overhaul of my apt. I think it needs a good cleaning every once in a while, right? But halfway into it I pulled out a box full of old journals and that ended my Mr. Clean efforts.

I've now spent the last four hours reading through just ONE of those journals. Yes, I didn't even look at all of them yet. I had to stop because I was getting hungry or else I'd probably have kept at it.

Now, if my cleaning efforts were just a small dusting here or there it'd be ok. But I actually started moving furniture and things to clean and rearrange stuff. How am I going to get this all back into place so I can go to sleep? My bed is now piled with dirty laundry as I was also supposed to be doing laundry at the same time I was supposed to be cleaning.

It's weird how memories and experiences that you think you've let go of or moved passed can just suddenly hit you over the head and take you by surprise. I opened to a random page of one of the journals and just got consumed. Of course, I'm not as affected as I was while these things were going on. But it's still weird to read of all those emotions and definitely remember feeling them.

I guess you never really outlive your past, do you? You never really grow out of it or forget. Those memories are just packed away nicely in a box just waiting for you to open them up again.

0 comments: