May 12, 2009

Reality Bites

Well, it's my first day back from my SF vacay, and I'm struggling to get through work. So much to catch up on.

I got back into HNL at around 5:45 p.m. last night but it took an incredibly long time to get our luggage. I'm not sure what Northwest was doing. I saw them unloading baggage from the plane, but it took almost an hour to get our stuff.

By the time I picked up my car in Ewa, had dinner and drove back to my place in town it was around 10:00 p.m. A quick cold shower (I do not know how we've survived the heat all these years. I felt like the Wicked Witch of the West, melting away in the heat.), I tried to unpack the essentials but left most of the stuff on the floor of my living room. Figure I can go through it tonight.

Despite the fact that it was almost midnight here (and 3:00 a.m. SF time), I had a hard time sleeping. I guess I didn't want the fun to end. Once I closed my eyes, I'd wake up back to the old grind.

And here I am . . . back at the old grind. Ugh!

Stay tuned for some food pix, tour reviews and a recap of my adventure in SF.

0 comments: