May 13, 2009

Bucket List - Week 5 Update

Spent week 4 in San Francisco so I didn't get a chance to do an update to my Bucket List. Here's what I got:

Bucket List #1
Haven't heard anything about my manuscript getting published since last summer. I'm thinking I should follow up to see what's happening. It's getting kind of difficult to do that though as many of my friends are no longer working at TMC.

Bucket List #6
While in Monterey last week I had a chance to get my palm read for a mere $10. However, I opted not to do so. How good could my fortune be for only $10? I'll save this one for when I'm really desperate to know the future LOL

Bucket List #42
I was hoping I'd get a chance to do this on our Napa and Sonoma wine tour but it didn't come up.

Bucket List #55
May's inspirational book is called How to be Happy, Dammit: A Cynic's Guide to Spiritual Happiness by Karen Salmansohn. I started this book at the airport on my way to SF and finished it off on the plane ride home. It's one of those artsy fartsy books with very few words. The design and layout are really cool looking. But, this book also has some intriguing concepts that I think were well worth the read. One of the most insightful tips from this book is lesson #15 - You must unlearn. "To get what you want, you must be open not only to learning - but to un-learning. You must sign up for un-lessons - where you un-learn learned fear, guilt, anger, jealousy, insecurity - and that's just for starters." The idea that our current knowledge is possibly incorrectly learned behavior is interesting. It means that we've been conditioned through experiences to believe in something that isn't right, isn't true or possibly isn't even real. This could be a huge barrier to acheiving one's happiness. We should all definitely evaluate our perceptions and really question whether or not their legit. Your life could possibly change dramatically.

0 comments: