February 4, 2009

Is It Wrong To Wish for Hollywood Endings?

My two friends and I are planning a European adventure for 2010. We have it narrowed down to either: a) Italy and Greece, or b) England, Scotland and Ireland. None of us have been to any of these countries, so we really have no idea what to expect.

I am really torn between the two destinations but am also fine with either. Why? Because since I've nothing to base my decision on but the Hollywood films I've seen, they both seem to hold unbridled potential in my eyes. Is it wrong to base such a decision on what I've seen on celluloid? Is it wrong to wish for a Hollywood ending?

Italy and Greece
How can Italy and Greece not be the countries for me after watching:

Under the Tuscan Sun
I could definitely get used to this . . . well, minus the scorpions and fixer-upper.




Roman Holiday
In Rome, you can be anyone you want to be.




Stealing Beauty
The picturesque countryside steals Liv Tyler's beauty.




Mamma Mia!
The chalk-white buidlings against the sparkling blue ocean is breath taking.




Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 1 & 2 (This is the trailer for 2)
Both 1 and 2 featured Greece's beauty.




England, Scotland and Ireland
But, what about:

The Importance of Being Earnest
Who wouldn't love to get lost in a completely British mansion like this?




Tristan and Isolde
Yes, I'm a few centuries too late but I'm sure there are still tons of natural beauty to see.




Far and Away
Granted most of the scenic beauty is in America, but both characters do come from Ireland. Plus, this was a Tom Cruise I could actually stomach.




P.S. I Love You
This one definitely sealed the deal for Ireland - tons of green everywhere you looked. Hopefully, there'll be tons of hot Irish lads like Gerad Butler's character (although, I'll take his hot native Scots as well).




Made of Honor
You might not be able to tell from this trailer, but Scotland and kilts were definitely a big player in this film.


0 comments: