February 18, 2009

Self-Imposed Hunger Strike

Well, it's not really a hunger strike, but it is self-imposed and it does feel like a hunger strike.

My co-worker and I decided to do salads for lunch because this is a healthy alternative to plate lunches or fast food. In theory, this is a very good idea (especially since I would definitely welcome the loss of a pound or two or twenty), but in practice it feels like I'm on some kind of hunger strike and it's only been two days.

Knowing full well that I'll be having salad for lunch, I've even gotten up early to eat some breakfast. Yes, cereal is still considered a meal (at any time of day) even after graduating from college. As a treat to myself, I don't buy the healthy stuff. I stick to the good old fashioned sugary cereals like Apple Jacks or Cocoa Krispies.

Still, by the time I come into work, check my email and read the blogs on The Advertiser site I'm starving. When lunchtime finally arrives, I'm greeted with a heaping pile of greens. Yum (and I type this in the most sarcastic way possible)! Anyone who knows me knows that I hate veggies so you know salad lunches are just making my day.

I'm not sure how much longer I'll be able to do this (mind you, I'm on day two right now). Also, if you think I don't snack in between meals, guess again. Even with snacking I'm still hungry. What gives?

0 comments: