June 24, 2009

Eye Ballin'

My reaction to watching the Visian ICL procedure is this:

- It looks safe enough.
- The procedure seems quick enough (probably 15 minutes under the knife).
- It seems like you have quite a bit of waiting to do once you're at the office. You have to get so many drops so that your eye dialates and numbs up.
- Pain factor should be minimal as they do have an anesthesiologist on staff. Don't know if they just numb your eyes or if they numb your brain with some drugs too.
- I didn't get to see inside the surgery suite, but I suppose it's sanitary. All the staff wore gowns, hair nets, masks and booties.
- There were a ton of old people there (getting cataract surgery I assume) and they seemed to be calm. No heart attacks or anything while I was there. If they can do it, I can do it, right?
- The doctor seemed quite confident after surgery. Seemed like it was all easy peasy.

My next move will be to confirm that I want to go through with it and try to figure out the best time for me to go in. My schedule at work is crazy for the next couple of months so I don't really want to try it during that time. I think September will be safe.

0 comments: